Showcase Your Memories in a Big Way
Take your cherished memories to the next level with the PIXMA iP8720 Wireless Inkjet Photo Printer. The PIXMA iP8720 allows you to print stunning borderless photos up to 13” x 19”! With a 6-color ink system, including gray ink, and 9600 x 2400 maximum dpi color dpi, the detail is amazing. Whether you frame your photos or collect them in a scrapbook, you’ll be able to relive those special moments exactly as you remember them.
Conveniently print your creative images with the PIXMA iP8720, thanks to its many features like AirPrint, Google Cloud Print and PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS). With PPS you can print photos and documents from your compatible mobile device.
What’s in the Box
- iP8720 Wireless Inkjet Photo Printer
- Power Cord
- Setup Ink Tanks
- Setup CD-ROM
- Disc tray
- Manuals and other documents
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 – v10.9
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT
Speed & Quality
Superior Resolution: 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi produces incredible quality and detail in both your business documents and photos.1
FINE: Features Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering (FINE) with a patented print head firing ink droplets as small as 1pl.
Six Individual Ink Tank System: This high performance 6-color ink system includes gray ink for amazing detail in your black & white and color photos. A pigment-based black ink produces exceptionally crisp text.
Borderless Photos Fast: Print a beautiful, borderless 4″ x 6″ photo in approximately 36 seconds.5,13
Print Documents and Web Pages Fast: Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 14.5 images per minute (ipm) for black and 10.4 images per minute (ipm) for color.6
ChromaLife100 : This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon photo papers and inks for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album.7
Ease of Use
Auto Power On: This convenient feature automatically powers up the printer whenever you send a photo or document to be printed.
CD/DVD Printing: Enjoy the ability to print on CDs and DVDs.
Full HD Movie Print: Full HD Movie Print software turns your favorite HD movie clips captured with select Canon EOS Digital SLRs, PowerShot digital cameras and VIXIA camcorders into beautiful prints.9
My Image Garden: My Image Garden software makes organizing and printing your photos fun and easy with great facial recognition, Special Filters, Calendar Organization, Automatic Layout Suggestions and so much more!8
Creative Park Premium: An exclusive service for users of genuine Canon inks, offering access to photos, templates and more.10
Quiet Mode: This considerate feature lets you print anytime without worrying about disturbing those around you.
Built-In Wireless: Print wirelessly from any Wi-Fi enabled computer around the house.2
PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS):PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS) lets you print photos or documents from your mobile device using the free PPS app.11
AirPrint: Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch – no drivers needed!3
Google Cloud Print: Allows users to print from Gmail and Google Docs on a mobile device, and from Google Chrome browser for Mac, Windows, Linux, and Chrome devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose.4
Wireless PictBridge: Allows you to send photos directly from your wireless PictBridge (DPS over IP) compatible camera to the printer without the use of a computer.12
Hi-Speed USB: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g or n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- Requires an Internet connection and Google account. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used, and page coverage.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors.
- To install using Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
- “Full HD Movie Print” is available from “MOV” and “MP4” movie files created by select Canon EOS Digital SLRs, PowerShot, and VIXIA digital cameras and camcorders. Requires PC or Mac with Intel processor and Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later for “MOV” files, or Canon ImageBrowser EX 1.0 or later for “MOV” or “MP4” files. Print quality is determined by the video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution.
- Creative Park Premium is a premium content service available exclusively to users only when all of the colors of genuine Canon inks and all of the software that came with the printer are properly installed.
- Requires an Internet connection and the PIXMA Printing Solutions (“PPS”) app, available for free on the App Store and at Google Play. Your device must be connected to the same working network with wireless 802.11 b/g/n capability as your printer. For users of compatible Apple mobile devices, document printing requires Apple AirPrint, which requires an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- DPS over IP compatible device required.
- Envelopes and High Resolution Paper are NOT supported for borderless printing.
AirPrint(TM): Print wirelessly and effortlessly from your compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch- no drivers needed!
Easily print wirelessly from your Android, iPhone or tablet via Canon PRINT app and Google Cloud Print. Ink droplet size: 1, 2 and 5
Compatible with Individual/Combo CLI-251 XL Ink Tanks (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Grey, Black) & PGI-250 XL Pigment Black Ink Tanks. Only Replace The Inks That Run Out!
OS Compatibility:Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit Mac OS X v10.6.8 – v10.914. Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT. Standard Interfaces:Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)2, Hi-Speed USB, PictBridge(Wireless LAN)
With a 6-color ink system, the results are photo quality. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose